Friday, December 23, 2011

Air Tangan Puan Ayin

I have been meaning to write about this since last week but yes, of course the reason is none other but I was being busy. I was busy catching up with my 7-months pregnancy breathing that sometimes cause me a day or two of medical leaves. Alhamdulillah, just some normal pregnancy symptoms, both mommy and baby are doing just great. I've started my stairs climbing regime (ala.. 1 1/2 floors sajo), with the pray and hope that I could have normal, smooth and quick delivery.

Ok. This.

I ordered 2 types of cookies from Ayin's KitchenSoft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and she posted to me less than a week later all the way from Bintulu, Sarawak (could be faster but she was running out of some ingredients). It was quite a surprise since I've yet to make payment and that she trusted me even though we've never met! Thanks a lot darling, you are just too kind!

So, this is the verdict.

Taste : AWESOME. The first thing Eirsa would ask when she got back from her day care was "Eeekut" or "Ooookies". Tipping on her toes, she would peek on the dining table or kitchen top to fine them. She love both types of cookies and she could hadap at least 6-7 pieces at a time. Oh yes. Of course I have to deal with all the crumbs all over the place, but definitely, she loved them. I'm not a fan of chocolate, neither sweet stuffs, but the cookies still taste delicious to me. But my husband, being the number one fan of chocolate (but could not have much as it would trigger his migraine), shouted "Uih! Sedapnya!" at his first bite. So, you do the maths. *wink*

Packaging : Overall is OK, but perhaps Ayin could improve in terms of the thoroughness. It was expected  that not all cookies would make in one piece, even though Ayin had made special size of the same cookies to me (smaller than offered in her blog) to lessen the possibility of crack, but several minimum number of layers still didn't quite make it. Perhaps Ayin could ensure all cookies are firmly lined up to each other and have any space filled up with any soft clean padding (imagining the container will go left right up and down throughout the journey). On decoration, should be OK, I have no problem with this sector. But in general, of course fancier decoration would make the recipient feel more excited (Ok, perhaps this is more the girls' adrenaline, not in general. ;) )

What else. May be you want to give it a try then everything will make sense. A bit pricey (as she claimed, bukan Akak yang pandai-pandai ye. Pricey or not will depend on your own demarcation).

Some photos to stimulate your imagination. :)




Fun Info : In the United States and Canada, a cookie is a small, flat, baked treat, usually containing fat, flour, eggs and sugar. In most English-speaking countries outside North America, the most common word for this is biscuit. A cookie is a plain bun in Scotland, while in the United Kingdom, a cookie is referred to as a biscuit, although some types of cookies maintain this name, such as the American-inspired Maryland Cookies, which are also sold there. In South Africa they are called biscuits, and the word cookie refers to cupcakes. (Source : Wikipedia)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...