Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Online Shopping; Please Help You and Your Money

At times my online shopping addiction is not controllable. It's not only about buying things and leaving a huge hole in my wallet, but the time taken to do all the unnecessary browsing is a damage by its own too.

It's not that I will be left with nothing in my wallet to buy lunch towards the end of the month, I'm not that addicted that I could starve just to shop. But come to think about it, if I don't proceed with those purchase because of "have to get them when they are on sale!", "have to get the new stuffs!", "oh no, it comes in other cute color too!" and all those little evilish whispers in your mind, I could actually save A LOT, or accumulate them to get a step closer to the handbag of my dream or to save them for my iPhone5 purchase. I mean those purchase that I really wanted, that could give bigger impact to me.

It's not that I don't want to do online shopping at all. Sometimes online shopping is necessary; when I run out of stocks and we have no time to get them by conventional shopping. Or may be when I want to add new outfits into my wardrobe, once in awhile. It's just that it is so not necessary to visit all these websites on daily basis and worse, accidentally spent on something that you don't really need.

Sharing this dilemma in Twitter, my fellow Twitter friend (@NayaAzhar) responded on the existence of LeechBlock which led me to Nanny, a Chrome extension application to block and unblock list of websites at your own desire.

So I gave it a try just now, to test the functionality. So far so good and I hope it could discipline me in both my online shopping (minor) addition and time management.

A good, simple guideline could be obtained here.

Jom!

Adding list of to-block websites, with excellent setting of when-to-block
Added
Tested and confirmed!
To unblock, hell yeah you'll be very lazy to unblock with this!

*Please click at photos for better view.

2 comments:

Amyz! said...

Hahahaha.
Ok. I should install this plug-in too. Hahaha.

Ahsuez said...

Haaa.. Amyz! Macam berkesan jugak teknik ni! Tak buang masa sangat, lalu tak buang duit sangat. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...