Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Of Road Tax Renewal - The Old School Way

Ever since God creates MyEG, I did not go to the post office for road tax and insurance renewal. It has been 3-4 years I guess. And I never did forget to do the renewal at least 3 days prior to expiry.

But this morning, I HAD to go to the post office for road tax renewal. And that was because I'm a mom of two, a wife, a full time career woman, I have no maid, so of course I'm busy. Besides, due to the number that never fails to increase yearly called age, my forgetfulness has been upgraded to another level; master-ship. I forgot to renew my road tax.

You see. I always have things to do next in my mind while I'm doing something, especially when attending the house chores. I would think I'd get this item in this room this after completing this activity. Yes, I went to that room right after I finished that activity but I forgot what was the thing that I wanted to get right after entering that room. I don't bluff. Happened many times. Pfftt..

So back to this cerita road tax renewal. I only remembered that I have to renew my road tax right after it expired. And that led me to the post office this morning, as renewing via MyEG even though it's possible for immediate delivery, it would cost me a good amount of RM20, instead of the regular RM2.

The queue at the post office was acceptable, I was attended 5 minutes after tekan nombor. BUT. I did not bring one thing important for that transaction (of not knowing); previous insurance's cover note. Yes, I have the 'geran kereta' with me but not the cover note. Yes, they could still process the insurance renewal (a wajib thing prior to road tax renewal) but I would not enjoy my NCD rebate and it has reached the full 55% now. In other words, I have to pay the insurance in full amount instead of 55% off. Separuh harga tau! All because  of the missing cover note. Well, it's not actually missing. I had it with me. But in softcopy, in my laptop, inside my bag, under my armpit. But to get the counter officer to agree to check my laptop and accept the cover note in softcopy, or to get him printing the cover note for me, could be tiresome and almost impossible. So I decided to buy the insurance online and get back to the post office later.

I went to an eatery place nearby, had my brunch and got connected to the Internet. The speed was acceptable, thank you Lord. Clicked clicked clicked typed typed typed paid and done. Except that the receipt was not automatically generated. An auto-generated payment receipt that fails to function is one of my fears.*_*

DAMN IT GIVE ME MY F*CKING RECEIPT I WANT TO RENEW MY OVERDUE EXPIRED ROAD TAX RIGHT NOW YOU DAMN IT! I waited for 15 minutes but still nothing. And that online insurance portal did not provide any kind method to check for your payment receipt, in case their portal got sangkut while payment processing.

I chose to just go to the post office, rather than waited and got anxious waiting. By right, they could be able to process my roadtax renewal even without the payment receipt, but I was just worried that my payment wasn't reflected at the insurance portal and updated to JPJ at all. My number was 3027 and current number was 3025.

I explained to the same guy who attended me earlier and he said it might take some times for JPJ to verify. *tekan tekan keyboard* "Hah. Dah boleh renew roadtax. RM22 setahun* THANK YOU THE ALMIGHTY! Ye. Macam kejayaan besar, tapi tetap akan leceh kalau aku terpaksa trace payment dah lepas ke tak, kemudian nak datang semula ke pejabat pos, nak senyum lagi dengan brader kaunter ni, nak explain lagi. Dah lah aku memang jenis penakut nak melakukan kesalahan jalanraya. Haih. As I said earlier, I am busy for any other thing!

Itu sahaja cerita saya hari ini. Ingat! Bubuh reminder untuk memperbaharui road tax anda ataupun jika anda memang style old school kena nampak setiap transaction yang hendak dibuat lalu perlu ke kaunter (seperti boss saya, kisah benar), sila bawa geran kereta dan previous insurance's cover note.

Tata.

3 comments:

Amyz! said...

Saya lucky sikit. Ada agent yg renewkan insurans, lepas tu renew roadtax sendiri kat MyEG. Selalunya seminggu sebelum tarikh expired.

Lagi satu info, kenderaan saya dah lebih 10 tahun. Tak boleh renew insuran di myeg atau online. Kena pergi kaunter. Nasib baik la ada agent insuran yg tolong renewkan insuran. Phew!

Ahsuez said...

A ah, kalau ada kawan senang. Kereta Samurai Honda agent yang buat semua, siap bagi reminder lagi. Just collect road tax je.

Ooo.. Kalau lebih 10 tahun kena renew insurance di kaunter insurance? Kena carik kawan yang agent insurance dan tolong renewkan lah! :D Thanks Amyz. And take care. :)

Anonymous said...

Shop latest best quality leather tote bags for women, collection of all funky designer leather tote bags online at http://leather-tote-bags.webs.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...