Monday, January 21, 2013

Kes Lupa Je

I don't have a list of resolutions for 2013. I don't quite believe and am not patience enough to endure a year to see the results. That's why I'm still fat. -_-" (Usually I will set a short term targets throughout the year).

But for many KL-iers, it looks like they share this same resolution and seems very enthusiastic in keeping the momentum so far : to reach office early or to avoid massive traffic jam so let's go out early. So by 7.10 the traffic is already piled up at NPE from Pantai Dalam to Bangsar, daily.

My morning routines back in 2013 were leaving the house at 6.50, dropped Eirsa at her daycare (next block) and left that place around 7.00, still reached office around 7.30 and still managed to get a free parking slot (400 early comers are entitled to receive these free parking slots, shared by 3 office buildings).

I just copy the same routines, except that I save another 10 minutes since kerja hantar budak-budak is now Papa's. On top of that I add another 5 minutes extra, for just-in-case cases. So starting early this year, I left my house at 6.45 in the morning, but with all the minutes that I've added, I still reached office around 7.30 too, berdebar-debar je selalu tertanya-tanya masih ada free parking slots lagi ke tak. Biasanya ada, tapi sipi-sipi. This was perhaps due to the 2013 resolutions by many KL-iers as mentioned above. Ok, tak pe.

But not today. No, no no. This morning I arrived office at 7.45. The free slots were full and I have to pay RM7 to per-entry parking.

Why? Because there was an unusual queue at Pantai Dalam (U) toll.

Why? Because the one and only SMARTAG lane was marked with red-cross sign, not function, not passable.

Why? Rosak ke? Hmmmmmmm... Not really.

When I was about to reach the Touch N Go station, I saw this lady (most probably the staff) walking towards the dysfunctional SMARTAG machine. And within 3 seconds, the SMARTAG was passable, menderu kereta masuk. I suspected it was just a matter of terlupa switch on the sign from not-passable to passable. And that cost me good 10 minutes. Haiiih.....

Tak pe. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.

The hikmah was, I dapat beli nasi lemak yang biasanya hanya akan ada lepas jam 7.40. Dapat jugak I makan nasik lemak hari ni. Nyam nyam nyam nyam nyam.

2 comments:

taufiqh said...

Nasi lemak in the morning.. oh man...

Ahsuez said...

Haha! Taufiq, kalau hari-hari korang masak, mesti jadi perfect, boleh bukak kedai. Tapi jadi gemuk pon mungkin juga!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...