Friday, June 10, 2011

Let's Get Crafty!

I've been doing a lot of Ida's blog reading lately and getting inspired with her creativity in both photography and blog designing. And recently, Marliza has opened for orders, for her very own diaper cake (very cute baby shower gift!), make me feel like I wanted to start venturing more in this small itsy bitsy arty passion that I have.

I'm not that good in crafting, neither I am in photography. But I have interest in both. I used to make 'cheap' simple birthday card for my friends back in secondary school and even received several (mind you, small quantity only) so-called orders from friends. Well, the old good boundary school style when you only had small amount of money to buy nasi lemak once every two days and the rest of the day you'd just satisfy your tummy with the chewy ikan jacket and labu masak kuah lemak putih. Lalu, nak beli kad Hallmark hatta Memory Lane pun tak kena buat budget berbulan-bulan.

I would usually just use colorful A4 papers available in my stock and come up with some collage type of cards. Usually during outing, I'd stock up colorful A4 papers or I would even keep any colorful papers that I found anywhere (bukan kutip tepi jalan, but those yang jumpa in magazines or newspaper or any kind of books) with interesting color or pictures. Betul. Lama-lama akan jadi menyemak locker besi nan lebar 50cm tinggi 200 cm itu.

And I made my own small doorgift boxes (later filled with wajik Melaka) with total of 800 units, for the guests during my reception. Not to mention the cheapskate crafts that I made for Eirsa's carers (nak jugak bagi walhal budget ciput suka hati kau lah kalau kau nak mengata aku kedekut).

Small steps at a time, I tried to add some new look for my blog. Cemburu sungguh hati melihat blog header yang creatively crafty yang dimiliki oleh bloggers kegemaran. I know, some just purely creative, some would pay for the creativity and uniqueness, while some would just copy any free available template from thousands offerred online. As for me, I go for free, simple, doable, yet original.

Browsing through the web yesterday, I virtually stumbled upon (sebenarnya ada je link kat blog Ida, I yang tak perasan!) this website Shabby Blogs and my darlings, it's free! Quite some options offerred for both background and blog header. I opted several background, tried to apply some designs to my blog but it didn't seem to work well. Senget, skewed to the right or left, shrunk, etc. Buruk dan kelihatan terlalu mencuba. Then I tried some available blog headers, modified here and there, add small personal touch (using Photoscape) and voila! Hasil yang ringkas sebegini!



I would love to explore the opportunities to add other craft materials to my blog as they also provide free accessories such as buttons, post pretties, sidebar titles and such. Tapi mood belum mari lagi. Nak siapkan yang sekarang ni pun berhempas pulas.

As for the background, I still used this free background pattern maker that I've been using for quite sometimes, which I found super easy peasy to customize background at anytime I want (but with limited design).

No, you don't want me to guide you one by one on how to do this and that. You want to explore all the opportunities yourself so that you could feel the artistic feeling! Ha ha. Maaf lawak rasa nak lempang. The guidelines are all available at the website or software. Go explore and let you imaginations fly high!

May be one day I'll come up with my very own craft products, not necessarily blog design, but something else in which I have actually bought some of the materials quite some times ago but being keep in our utility room as dust collector.

Fun Facts : 1) I never get higher than B- for my Pendidikan Seni during high school. 2) I am an IT graduate but I know only 20% about coding. Everything that I did to my blog was totally code-free (I was just using the available applications or shortcuts).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...