Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Little Help

Yep, this time I have my 40 confinement days in my very own house, in KL. The confinement lady (Puan Umi, she asked me to call her Umi; Umi is 'mother' in Arab) arrived on day 10; the first 4 days I was still admitted while day 5-9 my mother was around taking care of me.

You see, the ambiance of having either my mother or Umi around is more or less the same, since Umi is about the same age as my mother and their motherly style of running the house is the same. The help offered is the same too; both of them will cook for me, take care of the house chores, take care of the baby and those stuffs. Except that my mother will voice out anything that she found more suitable for us and the house while Umi is more reserved. Oh. And the one of the main reasons why I hired a confinement lady is for the post-natal services; berurut and bertungku.

Since I also had c-section for this second delivery, all berurut and bertungku processes are customized to suit my condition. During weekdays, I'll be having my first berurut and bertungku session in the morning (at my very own time, no curfew) and a repeat in late afternoon. During weekends, since Eirsa is around, I could only commit to those post-natal care once a day only.

It has been 8 days of my post-natal regime. So far I feel better (but I still believe as long as you have sufficient rest, eat and drink, you should feel better after 2 weeks of delivery, regardless you are undergoing the berurut or bertungku processes or not), more energetic, my wound is healing good and I feel relaxed. Except that sometimes I feel like I want to skip the bertungku process since it can be time consuming and sometimes hurtful (due to the heat). But since we've made the deal and Umi needs to be around until end of the month (my PIL will not be around for 3 days next week so we cannot afford to not be having Umi around during that period) and that I want to look good after the confinement period, so yes I'll undergo everything without (or may be a little) much complaints.

With Umi's around, the daily routines are :

1. Wake up at anytime that I want but usually around 7-8am.
2. Pumping time! Manage to get 4 oz for each pumping session, alhamdulillah.
3. Eivie will be bathed by Umi while I'm having my breakfast; 1 big mug of hot Horlicks, with cream crackers or oat. Umi used to prepare those for me but now I'm making my own breakfast.
4. Umi will then cook for us. My husband will later buy his and Eirsa's dinner as both of them are not fans of 'hari-hari makan nasi'.
5. Have my berurut session then head to hit the warm shower-aaah-so-good.
6. Have my 1st bertungku session and berbengkung. Not a fan of bengkung as it makes me uncomfortable (in terms of sitting position) to feed Eivie. But bengkung makes my tummy feel firmed.
7. Lunch at 12pm.
8. Have my 2nd bertungku session and bengkung re-wrap around 5pm.
9. Have my afternoon tea; Horlicks and cream crackers.
10. Eirsa will be home by 5.30pm, fetched by my PIL.
11. Have my dinner around 7-7.30 pm.
12. Take of my bengkung before bed since I want to sleep comfortably and it's easier to feed Eivie.

Repeat the next day.

So far I'm ok with the services. Umi also helped with our clothes (husband's and Eirsa's too) and dishes. It's just that she focuses too much on me getting back on shape, which is good, but could also sometimes be tiring. Still, it's going to be 3 weeks only and I've already made it half way.

Oh, another negative side, since our house is small, having a stranger around could sometimes be not comfortable for my husband and my father-in-law.

Till then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...