Thursday, March 22, 2012

More Information On The Confinement Lady

I've been searching for the right phrase to describe the experience of having a confinement lady staying with you, for 3 weeks. Finally, found the words;

In my case, having Umi around is more like having your mom around, not like having a maid around.

No, she's definitely not a maid but she could sometimes make you feel uncomfortable as if you are having your mom's around to ask you, "Ana, makan.", "Ana, mai urut.", "Ana, mai tungku.", "Ana, makan ubat apa tu?".

Well again, I understand that she WAS HIRED for that; to take care of you. But some of us just don't like to be "monitored" in that sense, at least not at this age of 31 years old. But since those are for my own good, then I have to face them all. Afterall it's just for 3 weeks, and as of today, I've passed the 2 weeks milestone. Just another 1 week.

Another thing, may be it's just me, some of the things that she does might not be the same as per what I usually do, but I feel like it is not easy to tell her the right (or my?) way of doing it. It's because she's an elderly and I don't want her to feel uneasy with my words. It's not easy to tell your 'mother' what to do and what not to do, right? Again. It's just temporary, so I chose to just let it be. I'll re-do once she's no longer with us. Not really a big deal actually.

Other than that, she's such a great help for us. She's supposed to take care of the mother and baby only but she also help around with husband's dirty laundry, putting all Eirsa's chaotic tous all over the house and sometimes swipe the floor.

I feel like sharing this as if I'm giving any one of you the contact, at least you know what to expect.

Till then.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...