Tuesday, December 18, 2012

If Everything Else Fails, Try This : Pray.

So trust me, your own breastfeeding journey is going to be different from a child to a child.

I started with low stock with Eirsa, high and low production periods throughout the way but I managed to catch up. Eirsa was only unavoidably introduced with formula milk when she was 17 or 19 months old (couldn't accurately recall) and she stopped enjoying mommy's milk when she was 24 months. Weaning processes was quite smooth since she has no problem accepting formula milk.

Lesson learnt, I stocked up EBM for Eivie started from week 2 of confinement. I managed to save some 200 oz prior to returning to work and an additional of 100 oz for the next 2 months. Lucky me, Eivie wasn't not a heavy EBM consumer, but she's doing perfectly fine. Unlike Eirsa whom I need to supply at her daycare with with 20 oz daily starting from even 7-8 months old onwards, until now Eivie is still happy with her 3.5 oz, 3 bottles per day at her daycare (of course with 2 sets of homemade meal for breakfast and lunch, and 3 oz of fruit juice). BUT. I could not keep up with the requirements. May be the production was not as generous as before, may be I did not take the necessary steps, may be it's the hormones (I had my period at 12 months after having Eirsa, while 6 months after having Eivie), or simply may be because I did not try enough. Forget about whether or not I've eaten enough, my never-ending (slowly gradually) increasing body weight explains all.

aving said that, from the hundreds ounces, we are not only left with only 42 oz of frozen EBM, which I refuse to touch (the incident only took away a few bags, so it's not the main contributor). So now I'm trying my best to supply her milk on daily basis. And of course, I'm trying everything possible and pray a lot. InshaAllah, if ada rezeki for Eivie, Allah will help us. Ameen.

Oh, by the way. I know, pumping as many time as possible, emptying the breasts as frequent as possible will send the signal that the breasts need to produce more and more. But my argument is, I am now yelling at my brain telling her that that more milk is needed for my baby why doesn't she listen??! But that doesn't work of course. And yeah, it's not funny, sorry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...