Thursday, November 27, 2014

Layanan Pelanggan

I know exactly how Secret Recipe's Grilled Mushroom Chicken tastes like. It's one of my fave's dish at Secret Recipe (not necessarily that we visit SR all the time). But I know and I believe that I still remember how it tastes like. I agree that this dish has undergone quite several evolution but the taste doesn't really change much. Kalau bertukar rasa sangat, baik ditukarkan namanya terus.

Last Tuesday I ordered for one. After for quite a few months.

A plate of Grilled Mushroom Chicken arrived me 5-10 mins later. The dish didn't look quite presentable, but it's ok. I had my first spoon.

The herbal rice was ok, I'd yet tasted the chicken but the gravy tasted wring. It was salty, sticky, soury, anything but nice. May be again this dish had 'evolved' and I didn't know about it or may be I'm simply getting older. But it was not edible at all. I chose not to proceed with another spoon and called the waiter instead.

I asked him to taste it. I said, "Masam lah, tak boleh makan." And he responded, "Mushroom, memang lah masam." My blood started to simmer.

He brought the plate back to the kitchen and I waited for several minutes.

He came back to me, "So macam mana?" I said, I wanted to order a different dish while he continued,

"Kita orang rasa kat belakang tadi, ok je. Banyak je kita orang makan."

"Tak kisah lah, itu you all rasa, tapi I rasa masam. Bukan I tak pernah makan."

"Mengandung ke?'

That's it. My blood boiled. I handed him back the menu and did not proceed with any order. Tak payahlah, I said.

Apa lah yang susah sangat nak menjadi pekerja yang baik? Or even seorang individu yang baik? I did ask you politely, did I? Did I yell at you? No. So what's your problem? It was perhaps a late lunch session, you were perhaps tired but that kind of attitude was never tolerable. Kalau aku jadi owner kedai, memang dah kena sekolah mamat ni. Customers are paying more than RM15 per meal added with 10% of service tax, yet what kind of service are you giving? Kalau service macam ni baik aku bayar dengan penampar je. And it is sad to say this kind of attitude among servers are common in Malaysia.

Good thing was, I did not pay. Berani la kalau diaorg nak suruh aku bayar. I might look petite but I'm not easily intimidated.

Ok, perhaps I'm easily intimidated with frogs, lizards, but that is a totally different story.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...