Monday, March 28, 2011

Giving is Caring

Talked to a friend this morning on things that I observed during my recent visit to a hospital government :

  1. The high hope that they always have towards the less cost government hospital despite the low level of hospitality (and not to say respect) that they received during each visit.
  2. Their dress-ups that could care less about fashion but rather the requirement to cover the body and that the remaining of their paycheck could go for food, shelter, school and other much much much important things.
  3. The arising kiasu in them since they believe they should have, as the opportunities wait for no late person.
  4. The unfriendly and unapproachable majority of makcik guard, some nurses and hospital attendants.

Actually my observation was more on item 2.

Yes, I'm a bit particular on Eirsa's outfits, especially when we are outside the house. Not that I want to show off her expensive outfits (that she only has a few) but I want her to look presentable. I akan sedih kalau dalam gambar, Eirsa kelihatan selekeh. Seriously. My definition of presentable is simple but perhaps a little bit of above average type of outfits. I mean, I can afford a few Mothercare, BabyGap, ZaraBaby, Pumpkin Patch and what not brand baju baby yang gorgeous dan menghabiskan duit I and yes, I can once a while be a big spender as long as I have the allocation. And I work hard for it. But for her daily outfits, diapers, and all Eirsa's stuffs that normally used in short term, my husband and I are still among those parents who are willing to crawl in the crowd, at Pureen Warehouse Sale (which by the way, is scheduled to be on 23 & 24 April 2011).

So when I saw these kids in their baggy worn-out shirt, 2-size-bigger pants, elder-brother-or-sisters-shoes, I almost burst into tears. How fortunate are we, especially Eirsa to be having the fun of her life playing dress up (well, yeah Mommy did) and looked extra cute in her photos as compared to these unfortunate kids. We worry-less when we did shopping for ourselves and we seldom ignore the price tag if that is the clothes that we really wanted!

On the other notes, perhaps some would say that we work hard and thus we could spend 'hard'. Yes, I admit. The mind needs to be bribed with things that match with our paycheck. We want to award ourselves with some indulgence that could come in many forms, including expensive clothes. Do it, you and your every little drop of sweat deserve it. But we put some reminder to ourselves to be thankful on all rezeki that we have; by giving them the good old clothes that somehow 'lost' in our wardrobe. Kadang-kadang pun kita sendiri membebel almari dah tak muat. So peeps, it's time to give away!

Once  a while I gathered all my old stuffs and gave to an Indonesian kakak cleaner who would come to our house once every 5-6 weeks. Trust me, even that, you'll still find you have plenty of good stuffs to be given away. And now I need more time to really sort out things that I no longer need or I thought I would need later but I would eventually forget and I plan to give them to kakak cleaner in my office. InsyaAllah.

You can do it too. Not only clothes, but perhaps food (yang masih elok dan tak berusik, please. We are not projecting any sign of disrespect here), toys, books or any stuffs that are usable but no longer required by you. My friends and I once had plan to gather our stuffs and contribute to any shelter of the unfortunates but the coordination was not done correctly and the plan is still a plan. InsyaAllah we would re-start this initiative and let us start low first and report you the outcome and how could you do the same. As of now, you could start with the unfortunates that you knew first.

P/S : Jangan malu untuk bersembang dengan kakak cleaner office, just to get some hint on their background.

Antara bag zaman muda remaja yang dijaga elok dan sekarang telah diperturunkan kepada sepupu yang masih mudah remaja


Giving is caring

4 comments:

tentangseseorang said...

takpe kumpul je...i have few places that you can send those items :)

abahwafi said...

i sokong u Sue...

p/s - your engrish is very the berabukss!

~SaTo OrEo~ said...

nice thought.. :)

Ahsuez said...

InsyaAllah Bro J, semoga dipermudahkan urusan.

Hasrul, nanti kita laksanakan initiatif ini!

Sato, thanks for visiting. So, join the thought, jom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...