Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Phew..!

Alhamdulillah, after 2-3 months spending for necessary things only, hiding the credit cards far deep inside my wallet, cooking dinner at home and being really careful in spending things for Eirsa, we managed to zerorize our monthly credit card bill. It's tremendously relieving *sujud syukur*


It's not that we spent like crazy, contributing to 4-digit credit card outstanding, but when we bought something and planned to pay it the following month, it would not go as planned. The 'time to bayar saman' will come, the punctured tyre day will come, the half-yearly cukai taksiran will come, the masa-ni-lah-kau-nak-betulkan-air-cond will come, you know, those sort of "urgent" things. Ended up your outstanding bill will be carried forward and forward and forward. It's dangerous, seriously. The only way to stop this never ending credit card craziness was by spending things in cash. I even applied for debit card, so that I will still use cash when I was out of cash.


And because of that, I'm now carried away by the 2-3 months spending behavior; which is a bit annoying to my company (not company company, the people who accompanied me). It would even take more than 3 minutes for me to buy eggs! I would compare among at least 3 brands on the price, quality and size. That could still be considered quick, considering something that I would buy quite frequently.


When it comes to spending things that could be considered as luxurious, people have to really be patient to wait for me. Recently it took me 10 mins to choose a packet of pantyliners. Yes, I have the regular brand that I bought but the other not-so-bad brand offered some cute gift with the same price. I would go like "Hmm.. ok ke beli new brand? Kang tak serasi pulak, dah membazir." or "Pakai ke free gift ni? Is it worth it to change to new brand?" or "Is this displayed price correct?" (and yes, I ended up looking for the price check station only to get confirmed about the price). You know, all those pros and cons. And it could get even worse when I wanted to buy things that totally not my needs, but more to my wants, for instance accessories, new shawls, new shirts and so.


People would see me receiving parcels by shopping online now and then, indicating (on the surface) that I'm a shopaholic. Least that they know, that was the only shopping that I did at that time. I mean when I bought new shawls online, that were the only shawls I bought since I didn't have the time to go for conventional shopping. And I did all the price comparison online and even seek for friend's advise before proceed with purchase.


But all in all, I feel my new way of shopping is better than before. The amount of junks (things that you bought but you didn't really use or even worse forgot about them) were reduced and THE CREDIT CARD BALANCE IS NOW ZERO. Alhamdulillah.. Still, when one day I have the luxurious to worry-free-ly shop they way I want, when I want, trust me I will do it in fabulous way.

2 comments:

wande-ful said...

lepas ni sila beli gelang hitam kelip2 sendri yer.

Tak sanggup i tunggu u buat penaakulan mantik kat situ

haha

Ahsuez said...

Betul Mel. Macam-macam nak kira. IRR, NPV, ROI, ARPU, depreciation. Mana nak memikirkan hasutan awek sales consultant tu lagi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...